Linux Installation Guide
Automated Install Script (Quick)
Please ensure your distro's packages are up-to-date and Git is present before installing Crafty:
One line installer
Once installation is complete to run Crafty manually run the following. Note that if you used a directory other then the default to install Crafty you will need to
cdinto that directory.
Crafty Service File
If you said yes to adding a service file you may run the following to start Crafty
If you added a service file and want to have Crafty start automatically on system boot please run the following:
Manual installation steps (for Ubuntu/Debian, CentOS)
- You have sudoer user that can install software.
- This guide assumes you have a decent understanding of a Linux environment and are comfortable with the command line.
- This guide also assumes you will be installing Crafty into
- We also assume your server will be at
- We also assume the user account running crafty will have full read/write/execute permissions on these folders.
- This guide will instruct you how to setup a service account for Crafty as well.
- Finally this guide assumes you have the following software installed and up to date: Git, Python 3.9+, Python 3.9-dev+, python3-pip.
NOTE: You will need to install Java before starting any Minecraft servers.
Install host dependancies
Create a Crafty User Account
We'll want to create a service user for crafty.
Create a directory for Crafty
Clone the Crafty Repository
Please be sure to be in
/var/opt/minecraft/crafty folder before cloning the repo.
To check type 'pwd' and make sure it says '/var/opt/minecraft/crafty' before you continue.
Create a Virtual Environment
- We prefix a
.to the name of the
virtual environmentbecause in a Linux/Unix context it makes that the file or directory hidden, you cannot see it in the file explorer (
ls) unless the
-aflag is provided.
Activate the Virtual Environment
- You know when you're in your virtual environment because your prompt will change to include
Install Crafty's package dependancies
Make sure you're still in your
venv and in the
To check type 'pwd' and make sure it says '/var/opt/minecraft/crafty/crafty-4' before you continue.
That's it! Crafty should now be running and asking some install questions. 🎉
If you get stuck or Need help? Click here!
Make sure to stop Crafty before updating
If you experience git telling you to commit or stash local changes and you have not made any changes
/var/opt/minecraft/crafty/crafty-4 directory, run the following:
Make sure to run the the following update commands after running this.
Great work, You're ready to proceed to the next step 🎉
How to access the dashboard